Sign in to follow this  
ex0h

New LED Light Suggestions

I'm presently running a 6 x 2.5 x 2.5 as a display with all male african cichlid peacocks.  Have white crushed coral and holey rock.

Previously I was running a couple of Radion XR30 Pro's but found due to the lights being primarily for a reef tank (higher in the blue spectrum), I was getting a fair bit of brown algae growth.  Didn't matter how much I adjusted the light cycle/colours to combat the algae, it kept coming.  No direct sunlight hitting either.  What I did like about them was the automation.  Running the beamswork lights at the moment, and the tank looks great, but I often find myself forgetting or negating to turn the lights on.

Are there any new lights I could look at for a freshwater setup that would be similar in terms of the automation?  Running moonlight at night and then day time cycle etc.  Would love for something specific to cichlids or to help with their colours, but must be automated and roughly 4-5 foot.  I'm open to anything, from the CREE DIY's to a pre-built system.  Any suggestions/pics are greatly appreciated. :)

Check out Make My LED here: http://www.makemyled.com.au

Different light blend options, fully customisable and auto controller for sunrise/sunset. 

Made in SA and quite popular with planted tank folks. You can also check out the reviews on Aquarium Life forum. 

P.S. @ex0h I sent you a couple of PMs regarding password for restricted section but have not heard back. Can you please let me know? Cheers. 

13 hours ago, jc12 said:

Check out Make My LED here: http://www.makemyled.com.au

Different light blend options, fully customisable and auto controller for sunrise/sunset. 

Interesting - cheers will have a look! :)

13 hours ago, jc12 said:

P.S. @ex0h I sent you a couple of PMs regarding password for restricted section but have not heard back. Can you please let me know? Cheers. 

Sent you back a PM.

Sign in to follow this