raycam01_au

perhaps a discus tank you say

20 hours ago, raycam01_au said:

Hey @benno87since ya asking all nice like, yes i will be doing a drilling video, just for you.

I'm hell busy at work currently, so as soon as I get around to it, I will put it up

i'll make up a little formply jig as a guide :)

Awesome mate cheers. Lookin forward to it. I'll probably end up askin ya a shitload of questions about it too hahaha. Just warning ya 

spent the afternoon putting the 5x2x2 back together again, re did the drift and then attached a nice Banana Lilly to it, and then potted the Larger Anibias these guys are nearly 2ft and then attached some small ones into the drift directly, very happy with how the tank turned out, will post some pics and a video later on :)

So finished playing around with the tank yesterday and let it settle overnight, came up a treat, we are both over the moon on how it looks this morning, will be putting 9 fish in after lunch :)

Looks bloody amazing mate. Lovin the shape and arrangement of the driftwood, nice n natural. Gonna be crazy with the entire group in there once QT is done. Btw lovin the couch set in front of the 12 tank system lol. Will be way better than any TV when fully set up. 

1 hour ago, benno87 said:

Looks bloody amazing mate. Lovin the shape and arrangement of the driftwood, nice n natural. Gonna be crazy with the entire group in there once QT is done. Btw lovin the couch set in front of the 12 tank system lol. Will be way better than any TV when fully set up. 

yeah we r really happy with it, added another few Anubias, and another Banana lilly down the front, so fingers crossed everything takes on and get s going, cant wait to put the boys and girls in, and yes the couch is a great place to sit with a coffee and chill time

Lookin bloody sensational dude love it. Banana lillies and Anubis gotta be the best lookin plants out I reckon hey. The plates are gonna love that awesome cover. Hopin the next 4 weeks goes nice n quick for ya to get em all in haha. 

58 minutes ago, benno87 said:

Lovin how it looks now mate yous have done very well. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dyin to see all those sexy plates cruising around in that lovely tank lol

Same, its a hard wait, we had some fun with our Rainwater, it's about 4.5 out of the tap and the tank was alittle unstable at that low a PH, so we have played around with a few things and increased the PH to assist in making it alittle more stable. its been rocking out around PH 6.5-7 currently so we are quite happy with this.

America in mid october and then upon return the plates will swim again, with some L's and Sterbai

Yea she'd certainly be a battle starting out with a ph that  low. If yA don't mind me askin, how are you managing that? Buffering it in an ageing barrel or something? Would one of those c02 ph controller set ups be of use? Never delved into that sorta stuff personally. 

we have a IBC container outside, will be using that alittle down the track, we are currently buffering with a special Substrate which is raising our PH nicely we probably want to see it sit around 6,5, amonia and all other parameters are perfect over the last 3 weeks.

With the rainwater we were experiencing major crashes due to it being so low, and inadvertently doing too large a water change was throwing everything out of whack, so we are actually dropping down the frequency of the water changes and the volume and its holding really well.

we have a couple of holding tanks for the Discus and they are perfect and have been for over 3 months now, its been a fun ride, this is the first time I have ever been on 100% PURE VIRGIN WATER, 

but all coming good