BlueNeon

What's your latest interest??

Starting a thread about what you are currently into. It would be interesting to see who is currently doing what and what interests various fish keepers.

Recently I have got into Central Americans. Managed to acquire 6 Vieja Argentea which are absolutely stunning. If I'm lucky I could end up with 2 breeding pairs. Also finding Severum very interesting at the moment especially the Reds.

Currently setting up a 2400x.600x.700 tank in my office, going to be mainly for Geos, Heckeli, Elliotti, and maybe any other compatable fish that takes my attention.   Wanting to have at least three different Geos but finding them extremely hard to source, maybe someone reading this knows where i can procure some. 

My latest interest? Almost everything :P But wallet and space doesnt permit.

But what im currently endeavoring into is corydoras! Only starting with dwarfs atm. Soon will collect some rare ones.. 

13 hours ago, aquatic7 said:

Currently setting up a 2400x.600x.700 tank in my office, going to be mainly for Geos, Heckeli, Elliotti, and maybe any other compatable fish that takes my attention.   Wanting to have at least three different Geos but finding them extremely hard to source, maybe someone reading this knows where i can procure some. 

What Geos are you after.......

3 hours ago, chickadee said:

What Geos are you after.......

Hey chickadee, looking for  Geo. Rio Branco, Geo Rio Pindare,  Have Geo. Brachybranchus .   I would think Geo. Columbia / Venezuela are extremely rare and very hard to get. 

@ozmo.... hold on to those beauties....  Don;t sell them to just anyone.  We will never see them again.....

I am into marine now, with some neglected tangs in the garage.  

Every now and then I get twinges.  Current is a desire for chocolate gourami colony.  I have a tank for them, my wife says you are crazy.  

I think the hobby as a whole is slow.... people are struggling in the economy, and the import market of fresh blood is suffering for certain fish. 

Marine gives me all the stuff I want with no restriction.  It was either that or go native.  

i have sold up 99% of my africans, just kept a couple pairs of my special flamebacks which have given me about 20 fry to grow up, these are  different to the norm, i'm hoping to grow my colony to a point i can share them around, but still awhile away from that yet,  also buying a colony of mirror balls soon, so from having around 30/40 colonies down to just 2, 

i'm playing with convicts, more so jellybean convicts, after 2 years i've worked them out and have my first jellybean fry growing, like them, or hate them, its keeping me interested at the moment, 

i've also gone back to keeping different bristle nose and some L'S, and peps, i currently have around a heap of adult peps chilling in a few 4x2's, 

also got common, albino and marbles, short and long fins, 

L333's that carry the albino gen, and some L397's, all still under 12 months old, so just growing, 

got a couple pairs of neon blue acaras that i might try to breed with later on, 

i've given up breeding to much, more so just enough that i trade with a couple places for food to keep my hobby going,  

still got plenty of tanks and water, but have sold a few racks 

i've also retired as a mod, so i can go back to just enjoying my hobby again and to give me more time to go fishing, 

My interest list could be a mile long.. but what I'm focusing on (wallet can allow) is just a little 2ft community. Trying to buy all the fish young, grow them out, let them naturally pair and then breed some. Next on the cards will probably be a marine tank once I move into somewhere permanent, maturation seems to be a bit more important in saltwater.