Sign in to follow this  
Dandaman80

Cycling New Tank

I seeded canister filter with media from my 6 foot, 750 litre established tank as well as aquascaping with rock from same tank... been running for 2 weeks now with one fish and no ammonia or nitrite spike. Tank is 4 foot, 270 litres with 1100 lph canister filter and internal powerhead filter that i put in from established tank. Is it possible that new tank has cycled? ac04ee0c5c8c47182ebff6d6c92580ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As soon as your ammonia and nitrite drops and stabilises to 0 (and nitrate rising) it's pretty much good to go. Try not to let your nitrates build up higher than it is now though as you probably already know :-P. But yeah waiting doesn't hurt to ensure that everything is stable... try not to add too many fish at once. 

As soon as your ammonia and nitrite drops and stabilises to 0 (and nitrate rising) it's pretty much good to go. Try not to let your nitrates build up higher than it is now though as you probably already know :-P. But yeah waiting doesn't hurt to ensure that everything is stable... try not to add too many fish at once. 
Thankyou, am thinking same :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this