nimit.pujara.1

White spot on tail fin of mollie

Hello,

I have planted community tank. I spot white spot on tail fin of mollie.

Due to planted tank, I can’t use salt.

What is it? Fungal or bacterial infection?

Is there any homemade remedy? Is there any other natural remedy that I can use?

My ammonia and nitrite are 0. Nitrate around 10 - 20 ppm. I have done 20% water change.

Tank temperature is 25 and ph is 7.4.

fe7209d97023aca993b51dab6c1c4e7c.jpg

IMG_4232.JPG

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raising the temperature in this case is usually a bad idea as it accelerates the bacterial/fungal growth. 24 degrees celcius or below would be my advise.

Most "multi-cure" style meds cover enough bases to be good options. The most cost effective one we stock is probably the wardley fungus-ade. Like all these style products though it may discolour your aquarium silicon.

Hello ageifaquarium,
Thank you.

How is using pimafix or Melafix? Would you suggest using both?

I have almost 15babies and I don’t want to harm them or use chemical as I have plant as well inside.

Pimafix could be of use, and yes you can combo it with melafix. Maintain good oxygenation when using these products as they can slightly reduce gaseous exchange.

Worth a shot if you already have it. Keep up the pic taking, as its the best way to check if its geting better/worse.

Hi ageofaquarium

I used pimafix half dose for 5 days and spot was gone from tail. But poor lady didn’t survive and suddenly found dead today.

I did normal checks ph 7.6, ammonia nitrite 0 and nitrate 15. I had added easy life plant fert half dose on Saturday. Found transparent tip on anubias so added continuum carbon supplement (5ml for 200L) on Sunday. Ferrous EDDHA supplement (DIY same strength as seachem) only 2ml on Tuesday.

I have added plant pic

4cca3d4a05cbb0cd37ceaf7099053f2b.jpg

514e7c15b458b0600095b107eec0d9a4.jpg

IMG_4241.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

Do you think plant fert overdose might have killed her?

Certainly not looking its normal healthy self. Was the plant removed from water? A bit of tip wilt is usual if its been removed during a clean. Certainly meds can also knock around plants, even natural oil based ones, but anubias usually handles like a champ. You dont seem to have fert overdosed, but then I am not sure on what an iron overdose looks like on anubias.