Sign in to follow this  
DFishkeeper

Where is Nigel?

I've been a member of this forum since it first started, and I have known Nigel Rattenbury through the hobby via membership of Aquarium clubs and chatting at auctions for over 15 years now guys and I can remember when he first started Aquaholics Online many years ago. It was a big gamble for him at the time going from a secure job as a supermarket manager to a startup online business and he did it because he was passionate about the hobby.

Suddenly he appears to no longer be involved with the business and the business seems to losing its focus and I would like to know why?

If Nigel is no longer involved going forward, the business just won't be the same and I for one will be looking for other options for my hobby needs. I have only become aware of Jesse Elstak being involved with the business in recent times, perhaps he can enlighten us as to why Nigel doesn't seem to be involved with the business suddenly?

Edited by DFishkeeper

I was speaking with Nigel at Aquaholics only a couple of weeks ago and he was excited about plans he had for the business next year. That is why I am baffled as to his sudden exit from the business with no announcement, which you would expect given his hands on approach and long time relationships with many customers.

I don't even know what this Jesse Elstak does at Aquaholics, I have always dealt with Nigel. I saw Jesse in the building a couple of times in recent years when I visited the shop at Forest Glen and assumed he looked after the office and/or warehouse for Nigel.

Edited by DFishkeeper

i was in there a couple of weeks ago as  well and nigel was talking about the new tank set up but he did say  some think about jesse any way nigel is gone with the food side and the shop is only open monday and friday now

1 hour ago, inkevnito said:

Have you talk to Nigel directly? Assuming you have his contact details or Facebook.
Don't think anyone knows why hes gone quiet..

I suspect Nigel may be staying quiet for the time being on the advice of his solicitor.

The point of this post is that a local business I have trusted and dealt with for many years has suddenly suffered a major and unexpected change that will most likely impact on the ability of this business to maintain the levels of service I have come to expect. And I believe Jesse Elstak, who appears to be now running the business, should make a statement about what is going on with the business and why Nigel has suddenly disappeared.

All,

Speculation is not helpful to anyone.  

Facts are:

1.  Aquaholics online are a sponsor of QLDAF.  

2.  Any changes in business arrangements within the company is their business.  

3.  QLDAF has seen many changes with sponsors over the years, and continues to support the hobby and sponsors who do the right thing by the hobby.  The forum chose when AOA changed ownership to wipe out the previous debt, to enable the company to stay on as sponsors.  The cost of this is high!  We expect our sponsors to support both the board, members with great service, and the hobby.  

4.  We all know that Nigel has been open sharing his knowedlge and passion,.  His support for the hobby and the forum is well known and documented.  

I am closing this to avoid speculation.  Any offical news will be shared when known.  If Aquaholics wish to make a statment I ask them to contact myself.  

Thanks,

Steve