Sign in to follow this  
QldMick

must be a girl right?

sorry about the poor quality pic but I thought this was one of my boy ob eyebiters as it was one of 3 showing male colours and had a side of the tank to itself. looked like it had eggs the other day and I caught it out and it does, just wondering if this is definetly a girl or is a boy carrying eggs? I feed nothing like white crane (nls and hikari bio-gold) and the other presumed females look like females. thinking I should strip it and try and get a better pic when I do.

cheers

mick

P1260269.JPG

a legend you say? yes a world first that was me. new news is male coloured has spat, he had around 15 eggs as an estimate, I guess catching it the other day it spat or swallowed from all the commotion. female had 3 eggs and a few rocks. guess i'll have to wait till next time but I'm kinda leaning towards a male that held but who knows.

what does everyone think of the ob eyebiters? to me their just like the ob peacocks I love but more predatory. plus they survive with my big crayfish.

cheers

mick

yes I would say that's how it happened.

And body shape would also suggest this, certainly more peacock shaped than dimi comp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its an easy cross to duplicate ;)

INGREDIENTS

Fish meal, wheat flour, brewers dried yeast, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, fish oil, spirulina, DL-methionine, garlic, dried B. subtilis fermentation product, astaxanthin, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), inositol, D-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, menadione sodium bisulfate complex (source of vitamin K activity), folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, disodium phosphate, ferrous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, cobalt sulfate, calcium iodate.

http://www.hikariusa.com/diets/cichlidbiogoldplus/

You guys know what astax does to female cichlids. I have literally posted hundreds of posts about it here

:)

Don.

thanks I didn't see them spawn but I'm thinking its a male just didn't know about them holding. Donny never had astaxanthin turn a female into male colors and ive been using it for years.

I routinely used astax to colour up male/female African rift cichlid fry when requested by lfs. Not keen to get into an opposing position with you Mick, but perhaps its dependent on concentrations fed. I like to think I coined the phrase "nuked".

Sign in to follow this