This may sound like a stupid question (so i hope its just easy to answer) 

----What do you use to clean the glass insides of your tank/tanks ?----

One of mine in particular gets green algae spots that just don't seem to come off with a magnet cleaner or even a cloth wipe and the bn's don't seem to go for it at all.

As its star-fire glass and i have scratched it once before i am very wary of using anything rougher. And i know that kitchen scourers & sponges generally have antibacterial additives that cant be good for the fish.

Very frustrating for something so simple 

Thanks Guys

I just looked this up ... 

2 hours ago, borntobreed said:

Tunzecaremagnet

$130 bucks for a magnet cleaner, i don't think i will get that past the "minister for finance" 

I imagine it does a top job for that kind of coin 

Domestic cleaning wipes or action wipes (same thing). You can buy the packets of 30 for like less than $5 from coles. Work so well, lil bit of elbow grease gets any algae off whatsoever. You do have to get a bit wet though

My tank is too big and at a weird shape that I have to use the magnet cleaners, I just recently bought the 'Flipper Max'. Love it. Had a generic algae magnet and was terrible. The Flipper Max has a blade side and a scrubber side. Expensive but I needed a strong and good solution, only clean the glass once every month or two as it gets very little algae on it but it the FM makes it very quick on a big tank.

For smaller tanks I usually use the scrubber on a stick.

12 hours ago, borntobreed said:

I dunno bout $130......???

Theyre $60 at AOA i think

Less 10% = $54

I just had another look and you're right , there is a $60 dollar one that would do the job for me , 10 - 15 mm glass

The one i saw will do up to 20mm for people who have tanks the size of swimming pools ... Maybe for @Grover65kif he had a glass panel in the billabong for better viewing of the GPG's 

image.thumb.png.01db8ff5afe409a4768d1881ffca56eb.png

On 3/13/2018 at 5:37 PM, professor_rob said:

My tank is too big and at a weird shape that I have to use the magnet cleaners, I just recently bought the 'Flipper Max'. Love it. Had a generic algae magnet and was terrible. The Flipper Max has a blade side and a scrubber side. Expensive but I needed a strong and good solution, only clean the glass once every month or two as it gets very little algae on it but it the FM makes it very quick on a big tank.

For smaller tanks I usually use the scrubber on a stick.

I use the Flipper max as well. Got so sick of other magnet devices having to scrub back and forth which inevitably resulted in the frustration of the inside magnet coming away. Yes it costs a bit more than the cheapy ones but the time and frustration saved is worth it.