Jase86uxb

Decent heater that will last!!!

Anyone had any luck with finding a decent  heater that will last more then one year or 2 .... I’m talking to heat over 2500lt and 1000lt of water it’s like every year or other year they shite them selves or can’t be trusted when set to temps they all over the shop. Im getting a  secondary thermostat but thats only good to shut them off no good if they won’t trun on LoL 

On 07/05/2018 at 9:01 AM, Slipshodman said:

Ouch, just checked the prices on Schego........ Ouch 

Worth it though man, seem to be heating a lot less often to maintain temps. Compared to the old glass tubes. A 300w will do 1000L no problems,  bullet proof and last forever. the nema controller is absolutely spot on also. Even the old original original controllers are awesome.  It’s a cheap investment when you weigh up how much your fish are worth 

On 5/11/2018 at 6:15 PM, mq_camo said:

Worth it though man, seem to be heating a lot less often to maintain temps. Compared to the old glass tubes. A 300w will do 1000L no problems,  bullet proof and last forever. the nema controller is absolutely spot on also. Even the old original original controllers are awesome.  It’s a cheap investment when you weigh up how much your fish are worth 

A 300 watt heater doesn't matter which brand will heat the same volume of water for the same amount of power. 300 Watt is 300 watt.

The size of the heater depends on the ambient temperature and volume of water. In my household 300 watt is not sufficient for tanks 1000 Litres and over if your trying to keep water at 26 degrees or more through winter.

The only difference is build quality and the accuracy of the temperature reading within the heater determining how often it will switch on and off.

And 1 watt per 3 litres is a general guideline, one brand will perform the same as any other as far as watts to volume goes.

https://bloglocation.com/art/water-heating-calculator-for-time-energy-power

4 hours ago, bazz said:

A 300 watt heater doesn't matter which brand will heat the same volume of water for the same amount of power. 300 Watt is 300 watt.

The size of the heater depends on the ambient temperature and volume of water. In my household 300 watt is not sufficient for tanks 1000 Litres and over if your trying to keep water at 26 degrees or more through winter.

The only difference is build quality and the accuracy of the temperature reading within the heater determining how often it will switch on and off.

And 1 watt per 3 litres is a general guideline, one brand will perform the same as any other as far as watts to volume goes.

https://bloglocation.com/art/water-heating-calculator-for-time-energy-power

The big difference is the schegos actually go it. Not just claim it. I’d like to see a cheapy maintain my tanks at 28 degrees in our house like the schegos do.