Harris.

Apistos with geos

Wanting to add a couple of apistogrammas to my Orange head tapajos tank. Cant find enough info on the net of these guys together. There are 7 geos ranging from 3-4 inch and 27 buenos aires tetras, plenty of wood, adding plants every week. 

Will redo tank if they are compatible and make more hiding areas. 

Has anyone had any luck with these guys? 

Thanks

Hi Harris,

No problems at all, they work perfectly together.   I've kept various types of apistogrammas with geos.    The apisto's do a great job of keeping the geos away during and after spawning.   And vice versa, if the geos happen to spawn they quickly learn to stay clear of that area.

Best of luck.  

Cheers,

Jason 

I guess that’s the advantage of different opinions

Never had that problem (yet). I’ve got smaller fish in with my geos than apistos that they’ve never looked twice at. I love keeping apistos with them as a size and colour contrast.

Had plenty of people visit and see first hand them happy together.

Just my experience... not saying it’s right or wrong. That’s what fish keeping is all about... asking questions and finding out what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, my case the geos were adult size and didn't grow up with smaller fish around, im trying to remember what species apisto it was but just cant remember... (it was def one of the smaller ones)

what species apisto are you thinking harris?

Haven't even started looking at which type. Just wanted to hear some peoples experiences. My geos have been with the tetra school for about 4 months now and all fish have grown a considerable amount, not a single torn fin anywhere. 

Might get 2 pairs. Not worried about breeding, have 3 plecos in there that eat all the  geos eggs, not interested in going into breeding again, but if it happens it happens.