what the best sump media on the market? i want to keep tankbusters and need to filter a tank which is 10 by 2.5 by 2.5 let me know your thought ?

does any1 know of any 1 who set up sump if so let me know as well

cheers

I was setting tabs system up the other week or so

And i found that Sarah was using those round brown things for a better word

That you find in pot plants .I asked her about it and she said thay work just as well as bio balls and r 1/2 the price

So hay its worth a shot lol

andrew

I have used the plastic kitchen scourers.

They are very easy to clean and tend to have more surface area than gutter guard and bioballs.

Look around the discount shops and such.

MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL PLASTIC. No metal rings to hold them together.

They work well in hang-on filters and canisters too.

i wonder if 'the matrix' is just de-salinated pumice stone? i use the matrix in all my filters & i have noticed that some pieces will float just like the pumice stone you can find on the beach at caloundra near pumicestone passage. it looks exactly the same but i had a good search around the 'net & couldn't find much info concerning the contents of 'the matrix'. i did, however, find out that because of it's porousness (sp?) pumicestone & lava rock & most volcanically produced porous stone make good biological media due to the high surface area available.

i am getting my bro who lives in caloundra to round me up some pumicestone to test with... coz as much as i like the matrix... it's very expensive for how much you get.