Came home today and realised my favourite salvini was hiding between the filter intake and the glass, was very flushed of colour and it’s tailfin looked frayed and dry, doesn’t seem like rot, looks like of a broom made of straw, hard, stiff looking dry and frayed, everything is normal except for having a heater fail and low temps until I could sort a replacement, wasn’t moving it pectoral fins and was starting to tilt head down, immediately have done water a water change, and made sure temps were higher, gave it a salt bath, unfortunately my hospital tank is currently housing smaller salvinis (rookie mistake) so it has to remain with the others, treated the whole tank with salt, none of the others seem unhappy just the Salvini, any ideas what this might be? Also the gills don’t seem the bright red like normal and are quite pale, I don’t see aggression in the tank that would cause damage like this but who knows, it’s looking like it might pull through, has been moving around a lot more and moving it’s pectoral fins, when I gave it a salt bath it didn’t even flap in the net when captured, any help would be appreciated 

834A382C-FBFB-43A9-9EE8-64284B5CD844.png

That looks like stress IMO. Salvini are pound for pound the nastiest little assasins in the Central American scene. I reckon they also have the “death stare” down to a science. If you can seperate her she should come back pretty quick. IAL help with healing and lowering stress also. Hope that helps somewhat.

Thanks @ozmo I will try and get my hands on some IAL tomorrow and seperate her from the others, yea you certainly are hard pressed to find a stauncher cichlid pound for pound, my smallest female was beating up both my Cubans when I first got them, and the male was probably 10 times her size in weight, it got to the point shortly after introduction where she had to be removed, it was too hard to watch, they just have a mega chip on the shoulder, relentless and underrated at times