So here is where we are.  

Many will be aware of the issues that are occurring at Aquaholics.  I became aware as to the fact there were issues coming and stepped back in as Admin to attempt to insulate the forum from the dispute.  

We removed the Senior Mod Steve Brookes to insure no appearance of preference due to his involvement with Nigel on Fishbreeders.  We could not tell Steve why.  Sorry Steve!

We have strived to keep the dispute away from QLDAF and avoid gossip.  We have closed posts to ensure QLDAF is not dragged into any ongoing turmoil.  

We have a number of potential sponsors who I have been talking too and moving slowly (maybe stringing along).  I cannot sign a new sponsor and ask for a commitment when the forum is under this cloud.  I apologise to those good folks.

It appears the efforts have failed.  The QLDAF forum software account has been suspended and we are several updates behind leaving the forum susceptible to malware.  The forum server has been turned off intermittently for some reason, and now we are facing new issues.  

QLDAF is a historic site and built on hobbyists information over many years.  It still has value to the hobby and hobbyists.  It belongs at least in part to the hobbyists of Queensland.  

So @jesse at @aquaholics.  Being as your actions seem to indicate no interest in the ongoing future of this historic library, I ask you to hand your share of the forum over before the forum is dead.  In return I promise I will:

1.    Negotiate with the other claimants of ownership to establish an ongoing structure if possible.
2.    Ensure that the position of Admin and Moderators is voted on by the member of QLDAF on a 12 month cycle by the end of the next financial year (June 2019).
3.    The position of Admin along with other claimants of ownership become the custodians of QLDAF as a management group.
4.    If required by yourself I will not stand again as ADMIN. 

I'll stick my neck out here ,  not being anything other than being a long time member. I am not, and I am sure many others are not interested in politics. I don't know or understand the behind the scenes running of a web site and how they are monetized, let alone what ever the argument is going on here, or who the players are. QLDAF is ICONIC, with readers Nation wide. The blow back on any commercial interest responsible for the end of this site would huge. So think it through and bloody kiss and make up will ya !        

Just to clarify.. the SSL error preventing access to the site from some browsers (mainly chrome) has no relevance to @gingerbeer's post. 

The issues above are still very much accurate.

Noooooooo.. ....cmon guys lets lot let this library go the way of so many forums  ,into the google oblivion,only memories remain of some good forums from days gone...

Politics ruin so many good things from running of clubs to countries economies

I just hope that thigs get back on track sooner rather than later

Ive made some good friends on here ,some of them life long i hope and learned all quite a bit ..had a few good bitches about human stupidity...and watched on as @grover built the billabong from hell

please dont let facebook be the place where knowledge is obtained...it will be a sad day if it is

@gingerbeer ...keep fighting the good fight

I seventh the motion ! 

Been the most informative site for me since before i had any grey hair.....

But more importantly the most entertaining.....

Where else would i have found out that convicts are mouthbrooders and peppermints are so called because they lay green eggs...