Getting an ibc dropped off tomorrow and want to know if im able to cut a section of the cage out and put in an acrylic panel, have been googling and looking at YouTube alot but still not finding alot of info to satisfy. 

Looking at drilling holes all around the panel and using some sort of metal strips as the washers for better safety and just bolts every 1inch around the edge.

Whats the best way of doing this, seems very straightforward, but don't want to waste an ibc if metal starts leeching down the track. Since i cant use epoxy over the bolts and strips on the inside. 

Has anyone done a window in an ibc with long term luck?

Thanks. 

I have been thinking of doing the same after my wife's comment... "I can see that the IBC is practical but it's ugly.". I had to hold back my initial kettle black reply and then I too went searching for info.

Anyhow, have you seen this video @Harris.? Seems pretty straightforward.

Ok you can get nylon bolts and nuts from bunnings so theres no metal there to rust.

You are better off with polycarbonate sheet about 6 mm as acrylic is prone to crack if you drill too close to the  edge

Use aquarium grade silicone to make sure theres no  leaks

yeh mate it's all good I have seen it done and yeh I would do it the way billfish said but definitely seen it done that's what I will b doin when I end up getting ibc and if u breed in them u can c the fish  that r holding cheers.                 steve

Been a while since i checked qldaf. But have skimmed through this forum thread and this guy has done it for aquaponics system. 

There is alot of pages but if you skip through them and just look for the ibc window pictures, you will find it. Bought acrylic already, got about 10cms extra length on all sides so i can leave more distance to the edge. Starting it end of next week, will throw up some pics and leak test. 

@ozmo

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21974&sid=d9ec2b8935d49bb91c8bc85b343c208e

On 05/07/2018 at 7:39 AM, ozmo said:

I have been thinking of doing the same after my wife's comment... "I can see that the IBC is practical but it's ugly.". I had to hold back my initial kettle black reply and then I too went searching for info.

Anyhow, have you seen this video @Harris.? Seems pretty straightforward.

Yea ive seen this video, going to use aquarium safe marine grade sikaflex, as the gasket as it sticks better to HDPE 2 plastic. Not using washers, going to use aluminium plates like the guy did in the thread i post above. Looks more sturdy.