raycam01_au

4x3x2 Reefy tank

bought a lovely 24ct Gold Torch, and some Plating Monti and an awesome piece of Hot Pink Zoas with a million heads on it, and a couple of lovely Acro's, some 5ltr Dosing bottles, and a lovely Fox face

and some other awesome stuffles 

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Stunning tank mate. No wonder sex is best when salty :-P

thanks mate

really happy with the tank its hitting a sweet spot and just starting on a few SPS corals, hows your stuff going?

Hi bud your tank looks  awesome. Very jealous.   2 questions.  How do you stop algae growing on the glass   (Do you keep phosphates and nitrates on zero or you got a secret trick) and what light are you using to keep the corals so healthy.  Your giving me the salt water bug looking at it     Atb.  Mark 

18 minutes ago, msc0433 said:

Hi bud your tank looks  awesome. Very jealous.   2 questions.  How do you stop algae growing on the glass   (Do you keep phosphates and nitrates on zero or you got a secret trick) and what light are you using to keep the corals so healthy.  Your giving me the salt water bug looking at it     Atb.  Mark 

Hey Mate

We are quite pedantic when it goes to our filtration and water chemistry, I am currently running a Kamoer 3 doser, and in the process of hooking up another Kamoer 4 doser, we were Vodka dosing for awhile, but have moved away from that, currently playing with Alk\Cal\Mag\Strontium\Iodine and a few other bits and pieces, 

you know you wanna do it, salty is sexy just remember that

The lighting in a 8 bulb ATI unit, enough light to block out the Sun, 

Hey Mate
We are quite pedantic when it goes to our filtration and water chemistry, I am currently running a Kamoer 3 doser, and in the process of hooking up another Kamoer 4 doser, we were Vodka dosing for awhile, but have moved away from that, currently playing with Alk\Cal\Mag\Strontium\Iodine and a few other bits and pieces, 
you know you wanna do it, salty is sexy just remember that
The lighting in a 8 bulb ATI unit, enough light to block out the Sun, 

Just out of interest - is it a lot of work (if any), with water testing and what test kits are best to use if you do?

6 hours ago, Delapool said:

Just out of interest - is it a lot of work (if any), with water testing and what test kits are best to use if you do?

define lots of work, salt v freshwater, freshwater is a walk in the park, Depends also on what you want to achieve in Salt, its definitely a challenge and if your not onto your testing and parameters it could get nasty

Test kits we use Salifert and Hanna

I like Salifert :)

define lots of work, salt v freshwater, freshwater is a walk in the park, Depends also on what you want to achieve in Salt, its definitely a challenge and if your not onto your testing and parameters it could get nasty
Test kits we use Salifert and Hanna
I like Salifert

Thanks! Each week I think I must check the FW planted tank but never get around to it...