Sign in to follow this  
xysti53

QCG Auction 13/10/18

54 minutes ago, billfish said:

Hell yeh....dont hqve to pack the sled dogs and 7 days food unlike when they did the last cg auction at ipswich

I didn't go to that one to close to some off the family 

23 hours ago, tdj5 said:

I didn't go to that one to close to some off the family 

Ha ha you got family in ipswich,,,and youre willing to admit to it

i left all mine in another state so no chance of running into any of them

what type of turn out has there been for these events in the last few years? Im considering going for a peep tonight but 6pm start is too early of me, it no worries if they run late like they used to. Anybody have a guess what time they have been wrapping up lately & if the variation of fish is worth it these days ( not that I'm going to buy, but if its all bristlenose it may be a touch disappointing)

Thanks everyone 

What a great night it was got some fish that I don't know what I'm going to do with (looks like another tank I will have to wait for the wife to go to work) 

it was good to meet you @billfish I forgot to to ask you what you what work you were doing up here on the lovely wet sunny coast 

@Craigo, plenty of bristle nose,l numbers,plecos, insane amounts of gupoies ,some really nice ones too,,,,all in all a pretty wide spread of fish not as many cichlids as i would have thought but then again maybe the lovely weather we have had over the last 48 hrs may have stopped a few sellers turning up,i know 3 that werent there, a few faces in the crowd that are regulars didnt turn up either, finished about 10.30,,,,,,next one is closer to you Springwood state school i think

@tdj5yeh nice to meet you too,,,only 1 problem you keep bidding on the fish i want,,,,,,,,im just a lowly bricklayer and i wish to renaame it the its always friggin raining coast,dont recall the last time i worked up there and huey didnt send down a few bucket loads of rain

Im thinking of trying to sneak a few tanks past the minister for war,finances and interior design nazi too ,may have to be a gradual process

I was at the auction. 

Its great concept , however any reason why there is no list of types of fish that are going to be for sale.

I couldnt stay to the end, i left around 8.30 as i had kids with me. 

so iam not sure if i missed out on apistos that i was looking out for.

Dont think there were any apistos ,usually there are a few, the reason they dont have a list has been explained before,exactly what it was i cant remember....someone that runs the show might be able to tell u cos i could make up anything....never let the truth get in the way of a good story

The good old days for apistogramma were when Fishchicks was bringing in some amazing species.  

There is a bit of a renaissance happening, and some stores are getting some good stuff down south,  

I currently have zero tanks and am negotiating with SWMBO as to what are new tanks will be,  When we reset there will be some good apisto’s in my tanks from some southern suppliers.  

Steve

19 minutes ago, gingerbeer said:

The good old days for apistogramma were when Fishchicks was bringing in some amazing species.  

There is a bit of a renaissance happening, and some stores are getting some good stuff down south,  

I currently have zero tanks and am negotiating with SWMBO as to what are new tanks will be,  When we reset there will be some good apisto’s in my tanks from some southern suppliers.  

Steve

Hi @gingerbeer long time no speak,whats this no tank rubbish?pull your finger outand restart your addiction before withdrawel symptoms set in

Just now, billfish said:

Hi @gingerbeer long time no speak,whats this no tank rubbish?pull your finger outand restart your addiction before withdrawel symptoms set in

Daughter burnt down kitchen.  Bad Daughter!  Had to shut down everything.  Apparently if you redo the kitchen there are a pile of other things that need to be renewed prior to my tanks.  

Sign in to follow this