Sign in to follow this  
Gavin1980

Glass Cleaning

So I've not long set up my 4x2x2 and cannot reach all of the glass at the rear of the tank by hand with scourer pad.  I've seen some options at the shops with long handles scourer pad and some with built in plastic or stainless steel scraper, and then some that are only a plastic or stainless steel scraper.  Has anyone had any experience with these plastic/stainless steel scrapers?  Does the stainless steel scraper scratch the glass at all?  I'm sure there is a risk of it happening.  Plastic would be safer but not as effective in removing hard built up algae.

Any other options on the market that anyone can recommend?

Thanks tdj5. I had a look and I could use one of these as I can just reach half way from outside the back of the tank.

Can anyone comment on use of the plastic/steel scrapers or recommend anything else to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use it I do have a another one that has a scourer on it but I don't know where it is 

Do they not work as well as the magnets or is there another reason why you don't use them?

On 9/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, Stevil said:

MultiClean.pdf

3 in one tool, extendable and can get new blades.   Easy as.

Stevil the pdf you attached doesn't display.  What brand is it?

I threw a few albino shortfin bristlenose babies 2 to 3cm long into my display tank and they cleaned it up overnight. They don't get devoured easily because they are SPIKEY.

I threw a few albino shortfin bristlenose babies 2 to 3cm long into my display tank and they cleaned it up overnight. They don't get devoured easily because they are SPIKEY.

Thanks Sonofhud. But I don't think spikes will stop my Coal Grunter.

59 minutes ago, Gavin1980 said:

Thanks Stevil. Do you find the steel scraper cleans without scratching? I can't stand a scratched glass.

I think magnetic cleaners are worse, get a grit of  sand or gravel stuck and it will give you nice swirl marks.    

With the flat blades there is nothing to grab bits of sand.   It’s easier to clean the glass than felt scrubbers and do you press lighter

Ive not had any problems.

steve

Sign in to follow this