Sign in to follow this  
Mackayman

Angels and Discus

Just wondering, does anybody here keep Angels and Discus together ?

I have decided to move away from Discus as the expense v the loss rate is getting me down.

Don't want to offload my 4 current healthy long term discus, just want to add 4 - 5 angel fish with them.

130 gal / 500 lt sumped display system also contains a large Pleco an 6 large loaches which are no concern to the current discus population.

Would like to hear of any experiences.

Cheers . Brendan

You'll find people on both sides of this argument.  I have 10 discus and 6 angels in a 600 L tank at the moment, both angels and discus have spawned.  Not expecting any fry to survive of course.

It can be done - but it's not a sure thing.  If you're basically transitioning from discus to angels (and presumably other things later), I'd say give a go.   The discus may last a surprisingly long time, so careful about adding too much all at once.

Ive seen it done .....would i do it myself?   No...angels eat faster than discus so the piggy angels will get a majority of the food,the wrong angel thats a bit skittish could upset the apple cart and stress the discus,,,but hey its been done before and will be done successfully in the future

it can be done but keep in mind angels are prone to carrying worms its to do with where they are shiped from the ones from the amazon are fine they are shiped in good condition but the ones from asia carry the worms some times its a risk good luck with your choice its not one i would make to keep them together

Sign in to follow this