Goughy

Canister Filter

Hi...thanks for the ad..I have a 150litre freshwater tank...looking at a canister filter . What  is a good filter....Have  narrowed it down to Ehiem 250 or or a Aqua One Aqis 800...I like the tray idea.....been watching Pimp My Filter...any advice/recommendations would be gratefully accepted...PS only have 400mm space under tank

Hi and welcome to the site :welcome:

Have a look at aquaholics just click on the link at the top and thay ship as well I think eheim are over priced I would go with aqua one 1200 better to over filter and  they have a 3 year warranty 

I have a aqua one 2700 on my 6x2x1. 5 and a 200lt filter from aquaholics on one of my marine tanks 

Hi Goughy, welcome to the forum!

My five cents....do it once and do it right, peace of mind etc. Eheim classics are probably the most reliable filter ever. And if you are watching videos on hotrodding or pimping out filters then the idea of not having trays, and bypass, might not be a concern to you.

But beware their are two different 'types' of eheim classics floating about. The rounded cover ones, which ship with just foam, and the slab sided 'traditional' top eheims, which come with full bio media kits. I have had poor experiences with the single 'rounded' eheim (2215 model), whereas my older eheims are bulletproof.

Remember to support our sponsors. and they offer a discount to members.