patrickarnold

Racked tanks water changers

Hi all, I've recently upgraded to a racked system for my aquarium. I'm having difficulty pooring buckets of water into it because the tanks are racked. its a very slow and painful process, so was wondering how others do it? my tanks are upstairs so unfortunately can't run a hose unto them. would be great to get some ideas on what to do!

thanks 

Patrick

19 hours ago, patrickarnold said:

Hi all, I've recently upgraded to a racked system for my aquarium. I'm having difficulty pooring buckets of water into it because the tanks are racked. its a very slow and painful process, so was wondering how others do it? my tanks are upstairs so unfortunately can't run a hose unto them. would be great to get some ideas on what to do!

thanks 

Patrick

If you are trying to squeeze as many tank levels as ceiling height allows, you can stagger your tanks on each  rack to get more clearance above each tank.

On my earlier racks I used a water bridge to join adjacent tanks (12 tanks per level) so filling one would fill them all. 

From your brief description, I would fashion a bucket with drain hose at bottom. Just hang the bucket with hose in the tank you want to fill and pour the new water into the bucket. Just like a big funnel.