Sign in to follow this  
Nana man

Lighting for 8x3x2

Hey guys I would just like to ask for som suggestions for lighting for my new tank I would prefer if the lights were hanging any suggestions would be appreciated  thanks guys

Try the “Tech Den” and “Age of Aquarium’s”, both shops have a good range of products. I haven’t tried them but Aqualina lights look good, they are on display at Annerley Aquarium -

https://aqualina.net.au/

I recently purchased LED tube system lights from MakeMyLED for my 4x2x2. They have a good product range and will customise and configure to your specific requirements. I’m very happy with the performance of the lights themselves however, I have had problems with the power supply and auto controller and have had to get them replaced within the first 3 months. MakeMyLED aren’t the best to deal with when there’s problems with there products. Despite sending them video footage and photos of the problem I had with the auto controller, they weren’t very forward in offering support and providing good customer service. MakeMyLED process of dealing with a product problem is very unprofessional and they will do and say everything possible to get out of paying for postage to send the product to them for repairs. It’s ashame as the lights perform really good, but a product is only as good as the support that backs it up.

One thing you will need to consider is the depth of your aquarium and if you are having plants. You will need to ensure that the strength of the lights will be strong enough to provide the required light to the plants.

If you only have fish then this won’t be an issue and you will get away with a cheaper light setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this