Hi this is my unfinished 6 foot stand. Has anyone built their own stand and if so what could you recommend I do for a nice exterior finish....for eg. cupboard doors, shelves and what kind of wood was used? Cheers

20190126_155243.jpg

20190127_172211.jpg

I think you need a LOT more support between the top of your stand and the bottom.  Personally, I would not trust that stand to carry 800kg, which is what a 6*2*2 tank weighs once it is full of water.  Especially at the far end where you have two verticals just screwed in to the top beams from the side.

I'm no engineer, but this just doesn't look strong enough.

Sheet the whole thing with ply or mdf and make sure you put a heap of screws into every support  especially the tops, bottems and edges. Cut your doors in place and use trims to hide the seems. Bracing is your friend and sheering is your enemy when bearing a vertical load.

Hey mate so far so good, this was taken a few weeks ago, the doors were not thick enough for the hidden hinges so i had to be creative with making it work. Not far off being painted in 2 pack white, once its dry I have some metal angle to put on the edges and maybe a couple of door handles.. I will post some pics as soon as its done, cheers

20190215_174146.jpg