Sign in to follow this  
Goughy

Live plants

Hi Y'all....got the water under control....doing water change 50/50 every 2 weeks...tank not smelly. Next question...h

I have bought live grasses ,not alot  & bought some broad leaf plants...about 3 weeks ago.....combined about 1/4  of tank capacity....planted into straight aquarium gravel,about 50mm deep,....been feeding 10ml/day plant food...grass plants float up every 3 to 4 days .....broad leaf leaves ...a couple a day....fish happy...chemical levels good. Am thinking of poitting plants to stop floaters....can I add soil etc for plants whilst fish in tank....Thanks for any advice

can get some weight that wrap around the base of plants until the roots get a hold in the gravel...just dont wrap them tight as you may damage the roor stock of the plant 

and do what @bluebelle said 

theres also plants like hm or hc..i cant remember which one it is that you can get already attatched to metal gauze 

as far as soil goes im not sure but would imagine you would have to put soil down then put a covering of fine gravel over the top to stop it dirtying up the water

maybe proper lighting and fertiliser for plants may be a better option.......then theres co2 which helps growth immensely.  ....ive only ever messed with home made co2 units never the bottle and regulator type

some plants really do boom with co2  @bluebelle seems to have a good run with plants ..personally i would bend her ear a bit

Sign in to follow this