Sign in to follow this  
JPEE

Tiles that are safe for fishes

Hi,

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm looking to start a white tile bottom fish tank and was wondering if anyone could recommend me a type that they have been using? A link from Bunnings would be appreciated.

Thank you!

No experience with tiles in an aquarium.  However I am a licensed builder and have done my share of very large water features.  

I would be going with a fully-vitrified (porcelain) tile and epoxy grout.    Normal grout is cement based and not suitable for immersion, normal grout is cement based and will be alkaline also.   Glazed clay-biscuit tiles have high water absorption and are not suitable for immersion.

On 23/04/2019 at 8:32 PM, Stevil said:

No experience with tiles in an aquarium.  However I am a licensed builder and have done my share of very large water features.  

I would be going with a fully-vitrified (porcelain) tile and epoxy grout.    Normal grout is cement based and not suitable for immersion, normal grout is cement based and will be alkaline also.   Glazed clay-biscuit tiles have high water absorption and are not suitable for immersion.

Thank you!

On 23/04/2019 at 8:32 PM, Stevil said:

Thanks for the info, that's going in my black book of things to remember for future projects 

Sign in to follow this