Sign in to follow this  
DFishkeeper

Electric yellows 5.5cm, bulk available

Still plenty left, needing some tank space for new projects, this is a one off bulk clearance :

Pickup from Palm Beach on the Gold Coast

Edited by DFishkeeper

35 minutes ago, Largebreed said:

Hey mate what is breeding size for a yellow?

Females can start breeding at around 5.5cm with males a bit bigger, but they can't generally be vent sexed accurately until females are around 6.5cm or so.

Edited by DFishkeeper

11 hours ago, Largebreed said:

Thanks for the info I have NOOO African experience. Everything of mine always has been American. 

All good, happy to help :) 

Electric yellows are a good starter fish if you are just getting into africans, they are quite hardy and aren't as aggressive as some other malawis

5 hours ago, RedDragonDiscus said:

Can I get all fish that have no black in their pelvic fins? 

That won't help you get females I'm afraid mate, I line breed my strain with the intention of breeding thick black bars into all fins ~ dorsal, pelvic & anal on both males and females.

Breeders who use that as a method of selecting females are actually intentionally breeding the fin bars out of their strain, which in my opinion is to the detriment of the fish, I much prefer the colour contrast of the bright yellow body and black fins in both sexes.

You're probably not seeing it in that photo due to my poor photography skills but very few of the females in my strain currently have completely clear pelvic and anal fins.

Also I'm afraid the bulk buy prices are for a random netting sold as unsexed. I don't sell electric yellows as sexed until they are big enough to be accurately vent sexed at 6.5 - 7cm.

Sign in to follow this