iliad

Looking for GOLD NUGGET PLECO

Hi Guys,

How would one obtain a gold nugget pleco and what price would  I be looking at in Australian dollars some fish store tried to tell me it was $800.

I did not believe that at all. Considering they are available for US $80 - $100. I understand they are more rare in Australia but anyone know how to obtain them? 

Hi @iliad,

That fish store was on the money!    There were some on gumtree recently advertised privately in Melbourne for $800 each.  

You cannot compare L number prices in USA to Australia.   In USA they are legally allowed to be sold.   In Australia if my memory is correct the only allowable import is the L168 Butterfly Pleco.  

If you find some cheaper count me in for 6 ;)

Cheers,

Jason

Thanks for the reply @JB Very interesting, wish I lived in the states!!

Well there goes my dream of a gold nugget pleco haha. 

If you know any other interesting looking plecos more affordable and available in Australia let me know lol?

Currently only have a long fin common nose bristle. 

Have a look at the live stock trader in the catfish classifieds on this forum.   You'll see lots of people selling L number catfish.    Just a matter of finding something you like that is in your price range.

Cheers,
Jason