Sign in to follow this  
aquaholic99

How good is this rain !!

Last night the SE QLD combined dam water levels passed 61% which was the touted magic number needed to avoid water restrictions by April for Brisbane. Although it has been a wet week, not much has fallen in the Wivenhoe - Somerset catchment but yesterday Wivenhoe has risen to 46% capacity. 

How good is that !! 

I have 5 x 22,500 L rain tanks, all full. 

How good is that !!

Many of the cory species in my corydoras rack have been spawning due to barometric pressure changes and temperature drops. Often they stick eggs right onto my hands in their frenzy. 

How good is that !! 

And I finally figured out my password to this forum. . so looking forward to any rain related replies. 

HGIT !! 

Giddee Up

How good is all of that ....

Well said , Sydney dam numbers have cracked 70%, I don't care if they leave water restrictions on for a bit though till be get it even higher 

Glad you figured out your password @aquaholic99.. need all the experience and action on here as we can get 

HGIT !

Counted five bright green frogs, that's FIVE repeat F - I - V E, five big fat green frogs around my turtle pond recently. Just hope the carpet snakes stay away. 

And the creek along my back boundary has swollen up to become a river. I saw a smashed up spa bath floating past so I roped it off and dragged it out. I'd gestimate about $300 worth 40mm & 50mm fittings I can reuse. Check valves, barrel unions, venturi's, ribbed hoses, taps etc. 

HGIT !! 

On the topic of trawler nets, does anyone have friends in the prawn fishing industry? When a net gets tangled, snagged or ripped up,  they often cut out the damaged section if there are too many holes to repair and the unwanted net waste goes into the industrial waste bins beside the docks. A few years ago I scored two caged trailers full but I'm in need of more. 

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell me whenever a bin gets netting either on Sunny Coast, Gold Coast or Northern NSW. 

The netting makes fantastic bio media as you can crush it down as little or as much as you need. Light weight and easy to pull out one handed to rinse clean. It can be used submerged like hanging brushes for settling chambers or packed tight as static media for mechanical. If used for wet /dry trickle, the water runs nicely along the twisted strands.  

Sign in to follow this