Sign in to follow this  
tdj5

Snails

I've just picked up my old 6x2x2 and it's got thousands of snails from not having 1 to 10s of thousands of them they had a yoyo louch but by the looks it gave up any ideas of how to get rid of them 

IMG_20200328_142356.jpg

IMG_20200328_142406.jpg

IMG_20200328_142418.jpg

my clown loaches cleared these out but i had some of your type that they didn't take care of and i had to take out whenever i saw them, i may still have some in my filter.

PB240157.JPG

copper sulfate based chems will destroy the snail population, but thousands of snails might pollute the wated

any plants you buy you can copper bath them before placing in your tank, or salt bath them

if the tank isnt being used at the moment , boil the substrate , that should destroy the eggs too  

after buying new plants i usually place a lettuce leaf in an old fish food container over night  small enough that fish cant get in and eat the leaf, and pull it out before lights on in the morning ,you will soon collect heaps of them 

some times its just easier to ditch all the substrate and  start again  any driftwood maybe heavy dose a drum with salt and soak it

seachem make a copper based remedy that will also destroy the eggs

loaches do an ok job but all except the largest have a bit of a hard time cracking mts shells

Sign in to follow this