Sign in to follow this  
QldMick

Cherax albidus blue pearl

unfortunately this all in one tank had a decent gap across the back that i didnt think about. well 2 got out the other night, and one of those died, the only male. ok so he has been replaced now and have worked something out to stop it happening again.

P4100108.JPG

here's the whole tank its a bit strange having fake plants but real ones would just get eaten. tried to give them as much cover as possible.

P4110134.JPG

given their first lot of veggies, their loving it!

Update, one females shell never hardened and accidently got crushed handling it still soft a week after molt.

I now have 1m (who has 1 half size claw growing back after an attack during molt) and two females, 1 molted in the first week and has a reasonably hard shell now.

I decided that coral sand would be a better option for their shells and 5.5kg coral sand arrived yesterday.

Due to attacks by each other during molts I've added as many hides as I possibly can, 4 clay caves/logs, 4 natural wood logs and 8 fake plants(the crays will eat live plants).

Looking pretty chokers so here's some pics.

P8100852.JPG

P8100857.JPG

P8100864.JPG

P8100868.JPG

P8100871.JPG

P8100880.JPG

P8100885.JPG

P8100903.JPG

P8100925.JPG

P8110955.JPG

Current pic of the second female to lay, a bit behind the first.

PA180062.JPG

Couldn't help myself, had fold up aquaculture tanks packed away in the garage from when I used to breed. Just goota sell my gym to make up for the space I'm taking.

Here's the two females just released into the big tank,

PA180064.JPG

PA180071.JPG

And the tank its self,

PA180060.JPG

PA180068.JPG

Big thanks to aquaholics for this 150cm Dymax REX Planted LED, its super bright and with a little help perfect size for the tank.

Now everything's ready for the babies, kinda wish I wasn't going away tomorrow but there enough hides, elodea weighed down on the bottom to chew on and the adults will be getting a bit of feed while I'm away too.

PA210091.JPG

PA210097.JPG

Back from bris and all good, counted 20 bubs that I could see, hoping there's another 20 or more in hiding.

Female also molted and is visibly larger (see below), successfully re-introduced to the original cray tank with the male. 

Still have 1 female left holding eggs in the baby tank so more bubs to come.