goldenswimmers

WTB : Tinder Tang style...Looking for a male Lepidiolamprologus Elongatus!

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's safe and well :behindsofa: and looking for a passionate male Lepidiolamprologus elongatus.

I have 2 girls looking for love (and fighting about it :applause:) and hope someone has a spare male I could buy (possibly swap for something of interest as well if interested) to add to the mix.

Located on the Gold Coast but happy to travel and get some essential food on the way plus keep contact minimal :behindsofa:

IMG_20200402_013831.jpg

IMG_20200402_023718.jpg

Thanks Hamish and they are great fish..nice big Tang predator...

These two girls used to get beaten up by my big boy a lot and I've had to save them both in the past because you can't hurry love(ask Phil :?) but this time round it was looking good...girls looking suave in their black dresses :dance: and then I go to grab him and he's jumped out the tank somehow :faint:so was pretty heavy and he must of been allergic to lovin'..

So yes the hunt for a new boy begins...

IMG_20200411_081432.jpg

On 11/04/2020 at 8:15 AM, goldenswimmers said:

Thanks Hamish and they are great fish..nice big Tang predator...

These two girls used to get beaten up by my big boy a lot and I've had to save them both in the past because you can't hurry love(ask Phil :?) but this time round it was looking good...girls looking suave in their black dresses :dance: and then I go to grab him and he's jumped out the tank somehow :faint:so was pretty heavy and he must of been allergic to lovin'..

So yes the hunt for a new boy begins...

IMG_20200411_081432.jpg

Yeah they are a mean looking fish and I have heard an attitude to match :lol: 

Such a bummer when things were starting to look good but thats always the way. My festae pair were just starting to consistently raise young and I had finally fixed intake pipe to not suck them up and the male decided to kill the female. 10 spawns in so thought I had it nailed hah. 

If I decide to seriously get back into fish these are towards the top of my want list. Have you had any luck keeping them with other species? Or do they just shred everything? 

They seem not too bad with other types of fish (as long as it cant be mistaken for a free feed :pop2:) and im not really a fan of mixing lakes but I noticed larger haps and peacocks are ok as long as they all get to settle in...I tried some as a tension breaker when the two girls kept going at it...one girl just sat outside the front door of the other ones cave...:nono: waiting to give the hidings when ever it showed its face so I had to try and break it up...the dominant girl still made sure half of the tank was hers! :angry:

Between each other yeah hell breaks loose..Id say they aren't hanging around each other out in the lake (Ian or anyone else who has dove there might be able to confirm this) but id love to keep a happy breeding pr with a bunch of nice big Fronnies in a big epic display one day...now if I can just get a new boy he could also be a little more submissive (being the newbie in town) than the original bully I lost recently...

On 14/04/2020 at 7:51 PM, goldenswimmers said:

..Id say they aren't hanging around each other out in the lake

Hey GS - great to see they are still around. Yes pairs do hang together (most likely bond for life in the lake) but I have also seen small groups and solos hanging around. Movie upload soon .. in progress :)

@aqc247  hi there!   Where have you been? :)   I've missed your photos and videos.   Great to see you back online.     Can't wait to see the video.

@goldenswimmers hi mate.  Been lurking in the background but have been reading your posts.    Impressed to see who helped you out!   I was lucky to meet @aqc247 and @Tang3 when I first moved to Brisbane nearly 30 years ago.    Not many tangs those guys haven't kept over the years!!   

I've been trying to track down some Cyathoparynx Foai variants to setup a few tanks again (I'm just keeping discus and L's now).   If any of you @aqc247 @Tang3 @cichlidfry @goldenswimmers have any leads that would be awesome....   

Hope you are all doing well and haven't been impacted too much by the COVID-19 pandemic.  

Cheers,

Jason