Sign in to follow this  
Sicklid84

Firemouth Tangerine peacock hybrids

Considering the tangerine peacock is a mouth brooder and the firemouth is an egglayer, they wouldn't even be able to get to a point of breeding to have viable on non viable offspring. 

I did have an aquarium in annerley tell me that african and amercians can hybridise when I asked him about the ex parachromis friedrichsthalii they had that looked to be fading. That was his explanation for it 8O I was just hoping to talk to someone who could say if it was fading to xanthic or if the colours were slightly off due to stress :?

14 hours ago, hamishh34 said:

Considering the tangerine peacock is a mouth brooder and the firemouth is an egglayer, they wouldn't even be able to get to a point of breeding to have viable on non viable offspring. 

I did have an aquarium in annerley tell me that african and amercians can hybridise when I asked him about the ex parachromis friedrichsthalii they had that looked to be fading. That was his explanation for it 8O I was just hoping to talk to someone who could say if it was fading to xanthic or if the colours were slightly off due to stress 

male was firemouth. female was tangerine peacock. They are Around 6 months old. Most came out looking like tangerine but a few have visible traits from both parents.Will post pics in coming days.

10 hours ago, Sicklid84 said:

male was firemouth. female was tangerine peacock. They are Around 6 months old. Most came out looking like tangerine but a few have visible traits from both parents.Will post pics in coming days.

I would be more interested to see what your parent fish actually are and the other inhabitants of your tank. A photo of all of them would be great. The eggs and sperm would be completely incompatible so offspring would not be viable + breeding ritual/behaviour/methods are different. 

Sign in to follow this