Sign in to follow this  
QldMick

albino dragon blood quality

On 06/05/2020 at 12:52 PM, QldMick said:

bugger they just sold out as I was organizing to grab some.

good news is that albino dragon blood that was getting picked on and hiding in the corner at the store, has become the dominant male and constantly swimming around the tank.

Can't be too unhappy with that! I have had dominant fish that still preferred sitting in a cave and not displaying. Just would periodically come out and smash random fish that pissed it off haha. 

How are the new fish settling in? 

Also.. I had a quick brisbane trip this weekend and popped into annerley aquarium. They seemed to have very red and vibrant 'albino peacocks' for sale. $45 a pop though. Was tempted to bring back a handful as their colours on some were insane. 

4 hours ago, hamishh34 said:

Also.. I had a quick brisbane trip this weekend and popped into annerley aquarium. They seemed to have very red and vibrant 'albino peacocks' for sale. $45 a pop though. Was tempted to bring back a handful as their colours on some were insane. 

If I knew they were there I would of popped in last time I was up. Could you tell males and females? or they look color fed of what?

2 hours ago, QldMick said:

If I knew they were there I would of popped in last time I was up. Could you tell males and females? or they look color fed of what?

The majority weren't crazy vibrant. ID say only about 15-20% were ones that could work as display males from memory. There were a couple i really wanted but was smart enough to realise i didnt have the tank space. Still a bunch of drab looking ones that still had red colour but not bright or consistent across body which visually I assumed female. I would say sizes were from 6-9cm in size.

Was hard for me to tell with coloured animals as I havent used/experienced enhancers before.  But would still say that there was a chance they were. But a few of the males I would have still taken the chance on.  

Sign in to follow this