Sign in to follow this  
goldenswimmers

Star Sapphire Cichlids with Bluelips?

Wondering how these two would do together and I dont think it would be a drama plus could end up looking pretty sexy in there :eyebrows:

So some Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania (the Star Sapphire Cichlids) with some Pseudotropheus Williamsi North Makonde(the Blue Lips.. & that's a little easier to say :?)...

I think you can see the potential for this to look pretty nice as a big display and have also thought this could be a good combo as they both love to sift sand and a quality that makes these guys very happy...(my big Blue Lips boy loves nothing more than cruising around all day sifting.. looking for snacks! 

Thoughts guys and things to be wary of(?)..I've actually only recently added some of the Star Sapphires and never kept these guys before but hoping they would do well in this type of set up... At full adult size I'm thinking this could look really nice :dance:

025copy.jpg

images (14).jpeg

images (13).jpeg

images (12).jpeg

I think it would work well I just picked up 3 electric yellow and 6 red peacocks to go with my star sapphires. I'm unlucky as my 6 phenos i got 4 males and only 2 girls, and i just returned home from bris to a dying girl.

I've never really been set on the colors of the blue lips but the one I had was mostly brown and not as nice as yours.

Hey Mick..that's a sample pic mate so a really good example but in saying that my dominant boy is totally yellow and a bit of a stunner...just doesn't like posing for pics..really like how big these guys get too compared to standard mbuna .will see if I can grab some pics and chuck them in here....are the Star Sapphires more liable to get Malawi bloat as i've lost 2 youngsters now (growing up a batch of 10) and they are in with other hap youngsters with no issue but yeah only the Sapphires and seem to have gotten the bloat :?:?

Sign in to follow this