Sign in to follow this  
QldMick

clown loaches interfering with Malawi breeding?

I have some lake Malawi cichlids that are 10cm now, supposedly breeding size. These are Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania and ob peacocks. I was told by the Phenochilus breeder that they were of breeding size and I've had a pair of ob in the past that were already breeding at the size of mine now.

I'm wondering if they actually have been breeding and the clown loaches have been eating the eggs, or interfere enough to stop spawning.

P5060363 - Copy.JPG

P5060376 - Copy.JPG

P5060369 - Copy.JPG

I've removed the clown loaches. I'll see how the next few months go. they've already got the blame for eating my bristlenose eggs I haven't had eggs in that tank as long as I can remember, before going in this tank or put them in another tank and you have eggs. 

None of my Malawi males are overly aggressive I could imagine the clowns getting in there and eating everything. 

Now I've got to put up with the loaches in my native tank, i already have the overly aggressive red tailed black shark. i was wanting that tank to be more natural in terms of colors, and they'll have to dodge the jungle perch too.

I agree the clown loaches would be eating eggs.

If you decide to sell your loaches, I will have them!

I think I bought a pair from you a couple of years ago? If so, I have bred them several times

20161118_173812.JPG

20161118_173814.JPG

20161118_173816.JPG

20161118_17381111.JPG

20161118_17381133.JPG

Yer good size clown loaches go pretty easily. Can't really remember if I sold any to you but its great your breeding them, I've heard they don't need to be all that big to breed, mine are 10cm.

How do your breed your clown loaches? I’ve had mine for 10 years and they’ve never bred. 2 malea and a massive female! Tips?

Sign in to follow this