Sign in to follow this  
Matthicks

Help sexing my argentea...

Have a vieja argentea around 17cm hoping someone with a bit of experience with these can tell what they think ive done all the usual searching on google etc but always nice to get someones actual opinion who might have had them and seen first hand some characteristics (last pic when i first got him) only asking as i want to start looking for a mate for him or her...

20200505_175827.jpg

20200505_175825.jpg

20200417_173809.jpg

Hi I am absolutely no help but can share my experience anyway :?:-P I grew up a nice group of these guys and the best I could figure was the dominant one was a boy...but seriously some people say they aren't too aggressive well this dude grew like a monster and tried to kill every single other member of the group plus they all flashed similar markings and colouration when showing moods so I think vent sexing might be the way to go and even as adults it appears the girls are just smaller which doesn't help much if growing up from a younger age (and your dominant wants to kill boys and girls)...sorry I could be more useful but I can recommend vent sexing for a possible confirmation :applause: 

good luck mate :behindsofa:

Sign in to follow this