Sign in to follow this  
QldMick

Saratoga growth rate? and feedng?

Ok I purchased a Saratoga leichardti on the 16/01/20 at 7cm. he is now 10cm 5 and a half months later. He's in an African tank till he's big enough to go in the 6x2x2 with a 35cm ell tailed cat and 26cm jungle perch. They get feed NLS twice at day with Wednesdays and Sunday nights substituted with frozen Mysis or brine shrimp. I can't tell if he's actually eating the pellets as I always see him swallow them and spit them back out, but I don't know if he is actually eating some or not. I've started feeding medium size large live crickets yesterday, once a day. There just small enough for him to swallow them. what are other peaople experiences with both food and growth?

Here he is, hoping he shoots up in growth the the extra goodies.

Now 12cm just over 3 months later.

Eating crickets twice a day, frozen mysis shrimp twice a week.

Getting aggressive to the other inhabitants in the 5ft, can't wait till he can go in the 6ft but I'm worried my jungle perch might try and eat him.

A better Vid, feeding on a cricket. He's now getting feed medium crickets 7 days a week at lunch and 5 days at night with the other 2 nights being frozen Mysis shrimp. He could just stop being a pest and eat pellets but he wasn't even eating them when only getting Mysis shrimp twice a week.