Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodie J

WTB Sulawesi rabbit snails

On 13/07/2020 at 10:17 AM, Jodie J said:

WTB Sulawesi rabbit snails Brisbane/Gold coat

text 0477 470 470

I believe that these snails are not permitted in Australia at all !

I remember seeing someone in Aus with some rabbit snails he was breeding maybe 6-12 months back. Dont have any other info on the topic though. I will let you know if I stumbled upon his profile again. 

On 14/07/2020 at 10:40 AM, pony-tail said:

I believe that these snails are not permitted in Australia at all !

Any link/documentation to show where is says these are not permitted at all in Australia? 

You do know mystery snails and cherry shrimp have never been legally imported into Australia yet every fish/pet shop has them for sale.

all I can say is good luck if you get caught with them .

They have not been legally imported and only been imported recently and they are potentially hazardous to our wild life .

I have only hearsay about them , and none of it was positive .

I suggest you contact Biosecurity QLD and get an official opinion .

What you do is up to you ! I am too old to care .

1 hour ago, billfish said:

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2020C00576 heres a full import list of all live animals,,Tylomelania sp. is not on the list

Yes they are not on the list, as well as many fish,shrimp and snails that are also not on the list, yet readily available for sale in many different fish/pet shops. example Pea puffers are not on the import list and never have been yet they were for sale around Australia at repeatable fish shops around a year ago. Didn’t see mystery snails or caridina/neocaridina shrimp on the import list neither.

They are only illegal to own if declared noxious. Gar for example in QLD or more recently Jaguar Cichlids. Theres many exotics that are not on the allowable import list but can still be kept and bred in Australia if already here. Its a bit of a loophole. Red tail/giraffe/moonlight catfish, pea puffers and black nastys etc are illegally brought here but once bred can be distributed as they are not declared noxious pests.