Mitte

Freshwater Vs Salt. Pros, Cons, Cost ?

I've always thought there is quite a cost difference between the 2 types. Never asked the question before.

Please enlighten my knowlege. I would love to learn more.

Never done salt, but there is a difference to keeping salt water fish only, and then having corals/reef tank.
I see people with a decent reef size reef tank and they need a large filter room, let alone all the expensive gear like lights, circulation pumps, skimmers, reactors etc etc.

Fish only saltwater seems to be marginally more complex than freshwater.

Sure some good knowledge here, they can tell me how way off base I am.

From a person who has had marine tanks for 25 years.  What you need to do is decide on what you want to do.  Fish only is pretty much Decent Skimmer , you can get great  budget ones from Guppies aquarium products.  Stay away from Aqua 1. Decent pump and  lights. Plenty of  flow and circulation,  wave makers , again  Some  great  budget deals Will the likes of  Guppies supplies.  Coral you will need Dossing Stations and coral  foods.  Once you have set it up it's pretty much like fresh water. Frequent water changes,  You can  use  NSW or Artificial water mixers. . If your in need of some help please contact me, will help anyway I can