Hi, I recently installed a light in my aquarium for my live plants, as they were looking wilted as they had not received much light. It illuminates the tank perfectly, however my fish (specifically my neon tetras) stop swimming and huddle as a school at the bottom, hovering 1 centimetre above. They do not get excited for food when the light is on, but go back to normal when i switch it off. Is this just because they aren't used to it yet? Also, the light has a setting for blue light, is this ok for fish at night? I heard it mimics moonlight.

I've seen several ready made (small) tanks recently with built-in lights that are ferociously bright.  Fish don't like this!!   Most fish will be quite happy in a tank with no light at all - unlike plants.  My tanks all have lights, including one planted tank with healthy plants.

Just make sure the light is not too bright.  If you can control it, use the dimmer settings at least until the fish get used to it.  If your light doesn't have dimmer settings, put a shade of some sort between the light and the tank (preferably non-flammable material!!) again, at least until the fish get used to it.

floating plants will help to cut the light down cos it definately sounds like its way too bright ,how big is the tank and what is the kelvin rating and wattage on the light, cos some blue light is marine