joshthom

Native Plants for my 30 Gallon?

I'm in the process of planning out my next tank, and hope to keep it entirely native. I'm struggling to find plants that would be considered 'midground' (e.g. an Australian equivalent to cryptocorynes?), would appreciate any advice. Only plants I'm set on currently are valisneria nana and hornwort. Also considered hygrophila and NT lace plant, but from what I've read hygro grows too quickly, and I haven't found any place that stocks NT lace plants. 

Try Aquagreen.  They're based in Darwin and have a wide range of native plants.  Only problem is, not everything is available all the time.  Check their catalogue first, and maybe get in touch with them directly if you're after something specific.

1 hour ago, MFF said:

Try Aquagreen.  They're based in Darwin and have a wide range of native plants.  Only problem is, not everything is available all the time.  Check their catalogue first, and maybe get in touch with them directly if you're after something specific.

Thanks, they definitely have a good selection. Do you have any clue how often plants come back into stock?

Nope.  I've only been looking at them (seriously) for a few months, although I've been aware of them for years.   I did email Dave there about something else, and he was very prompt with a reply, so if you're after something specific, you might try an email.