P h keeps going up and I don't know y

As you can see the light blue is out of the tap all the other test are good I did a 50% water change 2 days ago 

The last picture is what stone and things are in it 

IMG_20201006_072508.jpg

IMG_20201006_072458.jpg

IMG_20201006_072446.jpg

IMG_20201006_073301.jpg

That's only a low ph  test kit, most town waters come out the tap at about 7.8, going from memory, also, is that a terracotta pot, if so, that may bring the ph down a bit.

Hey mate,

Hard to 100% tell from 1 photo.    Can answer the previous comments though.   Substrate does not look like calcium carbonate.    I tried to zoom in as much as I could to get a better look.... but it just looks like 2-5mm gravel to me.   I'd be shocked if that was causing the problem.

Agree with Scott @hareysfish... the test kit you are using is only the general range.   I'm no chemist but I was was once told that if it hits 7.6 the darker the blue does not always mean a higher pH.    You'd need the high range one to check any change on the higher end of the pH scale.   

I'd take that cave out do a water change and then test again in 2 days.    That's the only thing jumping out at me from that 1 photo...... Any chance of a front on shot?