Sign in to follow this  
Slipshodman

Severum tank ...add angelfish ?

Hey 

Just after opinions 

I have a 6x2x2 currently housing 3 larger Severums (size of your hand being the largest) I have 9 small angel fish I want to add to the tank (they are about 50c sized bodies) the only other thing in the tank is a large pleco and driftwood 

I have an FX6 and an internal filter (3000 lph) running so the water flow is reasonably high 

Just after any ideas/thoughts of things to consider before I put the Angels in 

Cheers 

Edit: Also what cheap dither fish may suit ... south American (not from Asia like a danio), I want to try and keep it semi themed to the Amazon  

(cheapies so I can get a heap) something that would school would be good 

Cheers 

Agree with both the previous comments.

In terms of other fish to add - I like the Rainbow Cichlids (Herotilapia multispinosa) I have with my severums.  They stay small, nice colour, and they sort of school.  Otherwise perhaps one of the larger tetras, like Colombian?

Minor update

Got hold of about 40 platties , (a week in quarantine) and moved the decor around in the tank

Added the platties hoping to take the focus of the severums, then half hour later added the angels, its been a few days and ,...

All peaceful at the moment , the platties are totally expendable but it seems everyone has become accustom to their new world ..... so far 

Thanks for all the tips/ideas 

Sign in to follow this