Sign in to follow this  
brett hoolahan

Mirrorballs

Hi, I have 2 male and 2 females in a 5-2.5-2 ft, the females have had a mouthful but always spit them out is this normal as they are young ,their around 4-5 inch,should I take the less dominant male out?, anyone have any advice it would be appreciated,Brett

I would strip and use an egg tumbler.

I'm having my own troubles, I have 4M 1F around 12cm and they haven't breed that I have noticed.

I'm wondering if the clown loaches or peacocks are interfering with this peaceful species breeding.

stripping the female is the best way to do it but be careful in doing so make sure your hands are wet when handeling the fish and try and be gental as u can be its all ways a risk when doing this i have done it in the past with mouth breeders

If got Clowns in there also but don’t think it’s anything to do with them, one female is still holding and other spat them(eggs) out,I’ve been told to strip and tumble but haven’t really looked into it but think I will, thanks for your help

I use these now days, but there are cheaper options.

Aquarium Fish & Shrimp Incubators Tumbler ZissAqua | eBay

Think I've got the ZET-65

Here's some albino dragon bloods in one.

Make sure you have an air control valve to adjust flow, and hence Egg/fry movement , you want to gently tumble.

The Ziss incubators are excellent but if you need something with an open top, IKEA sell the "SVALKA" wine glass (6 for $8). Or a sturdy short stem, high side tapered goblet for $2 each.  

Im even cheaper , I use a $1 plastic strainer and a 2L  icecream  container, cheap and effective  :)

Edited by hareysfish

Sign in to follow this