raycam01_au

Soon to be FROG POND

Bought this Reln 1000ltr tub ages ago with intentions of it becoming a pond, Green Tree Frogs specifically, we have millions here.
Well today was the day we begun

will box it up with microshade sleepers and make alittle deck trip up the top, cant wait

Frog Pond - YouTube

2 hours ago, johnbetta said:

let me know how this works out for u it sounds cool

for sure, threw around a quick box section this afternoon after work, and its going to piss down soon, 

will get piccies in a few days

1 hour ago, johnbetta said:

they will have a great time in there very wicked

lots more to go, putting up a couple of 2mtr front supports and a shade cloth roof, and then some shelves in and out of the water to allow the frogs to hide in

pretty cool

Nice fruit trees mate! Cant wait to get on some land like that. I have been dabbling in trees after reading the quote the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the next best time is now. 

My 'rarer' stocklist is:

1. Abiu 
  2. Yellow Jaboticaba 
  3. Green Sapote 
  4. Mamey Sapote 
  5. White Sapote 
  6. Miracle Berry 
  7. Icecream bean
  8. Blue Java Banana
  9. Canistel
  10. Kwai Muk 
  11. Sapodilla 
  12. Carambola 
  13. Mexican Cream Guava 
  14. Garcinia Intermedia
  15. Imbe

All the rest that I have are more common varieties  (figs/citrus/bananas/dragonfruit etc).  Where do you keep you Jaboticaba? Full sun or part shade? 

3 hours ago, hamishh34 said:

Nice fruit trees mate! Cant wait to get on some land like that. I have been dabbling in trees after reading the quote the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the next best time is now. 

My 'rarer' stocklist is:

1. Abiu 
  2. Yellow Jaboticaba 
  3. Green Sapote 
  4. Mamey Sapote 
  5. White Sapote 
  6. Miracle Berry 
  7. Icecream bean
  8. Blue Java Banana
  9. Canistel
  10. Kwai Muk 
  11. Sapodilla 
  12. Carambola 
  13. Mexican Cream Guava 
  14. Garcinia Intermedia
  15. Imbe

All the rest that I have are more common varieties  (figs/citrus/bananas/dragonfruit etc).  Where do you keep you Jaboticaba? Full sun or part shade? 

We have the Jaboticaba in the top and bottom small paddocks, they are full sun for most of the day, but get afternoon and mid morning shade

seem to be going really well at this stage

Nice list :)

2 hours ago, raycam01_au said:

We have the Jaboticaba in the top and bottom small paddocks, they are full sun for most of the day, but get afternoon and mid morning shade

seem to be going really well at this stage

Nice list :)

I nearly killed mine when i first got it. From under shade cloth to direct Rockhampton sun had it shell shocked. Didnt think about that once I got it home. But I have found mine has done well in half shade. Hasnt grown much height wise but has become very dense with shoots towards the base. Probably for the best since the fruit set on branches and trunk. 

Been checking out a few of your youtube vids and your property is looking mint. Nice collection you have. You'll never have to buy fruit again in a few years. How many acres do you have if you dont mind me asking? 

2 hours ago, hamishh34 said:

I nearly killed mine when i first got it. From under shade cloth to direct Rockhampton sun had it shell shocked. Didnt think about that once I got it home. But I have found mine has done well in half shade. Hasnt grown much height wise but has become very dense with shoots towards the base. Probably for the best since the fruit set on branches and trunk. 

Been checking out a few of your youtube vids and your property is looking mint. Nice collection you have. You'll never have to buy fruit again in a few years. How many acres do you have if you dont mind me asking? 

The Gympie sun is the same so you have to keep an eye on it, we have a large Bismark palm in the front driveway, I have a mate with some machinery that will be coming in a couple of weeks to dig it out and the large rocks around it, then we will dig down about 900 and I will get that ready for our Avocado tree

thanks for the kind words, we are just under 2acres which is a nice size without going nuts, plenty of space to play with