54 minutes ago, JB said:

Hi James,

Good to see a post from you mate.   Haven't seen you on here for a while!

Hope your doing well.

Cheers,
Jason

Hey Jas, 

yeah it’s definitely been a few years now. I’m doing well thanks mate. Slowly getting a few more tanks for some displays so I’ll be a bit more active lol. 
Hope you you the fam are doing well. From what I’ve seen lately it’s getting pretty hard to find certain species. The hobby isn’t looking to healthy in the hat respect which is a shame. 
cheers 

James 

2 hours ago, Rastinger62 said:

Hey Jas, 

yeah it’s definitely been a few years now. I’m doing well thanks mate. Slowly getting a few more tanks for some displays so I’ll be a bit more active lol. 
Hope you you the fam are doing well. From what I’ve seen lately it’s getting pretty hard to find certain species. The hobby isn’t looking to healthy in the hat respect which is a shame. 
cheers 

James 

Depends what you're looking for. Apistos and Amercian cichlids have had some crackers appear recently. Trimacs, black nastys, Paretroplus menarambo are some of the big ones for me. Some Panda Uaru should hopefully be breeding this year as well.  Also WC Chocolates came in last year and F1's are starting to be distributed. It is a shame the beani never ended up being distributed. 

Africans I feel have been on the steady decline for the last decade. A few people are working with some special species but customers dont seem too interested in the rarer stuff. Getting rid of my flavus colony is one of my biggest regrets, along with turning down an afra hara group 10 years ago. Seeing the 'afra hara's' that are around now is a sad sight. There seems to be a lot less margin for the 'importers' to bring in Africans. All exotics and the occasional American. Hopefully there is a resurgence in quality fish being conserved in the future. 

I have some pure trimac fry here in brisbane both parents came from labyrinth, I also have black nasty fry growing out at the moment should be ready soonish, my dovii have bred but honestly they are nothing compared to your 2 they are amazing specimen 

2 hours ago, Matthicks said:

I have some pure trimac fry here in brisbane both parents came from labyrinth, I also have black nasty fry growing out at the moment should be ready soonish, my dovii have bred but honestly they are nothing compared to your 2 they are amazing specimen 

Cheers mate. I’m definitely lucky too own this pair. Sounds like the Americans are going pretty well locally which is great.  I haven’t seen festae which is a shame. Such an amazing species. Hope someone has some going still. 

27 minutes ago, Matthicks said:

I have a cracking pair of festae but haven't got fry this year as yet ive split them up for now but will have fry soon hopefully

Screenshot_20210124-182312_Gallery.jpg

Fingers crossed mate. Remember me for fry in the future