I am chasing somebody with extensive knowledge on the Gold Coast to give me a hand in helping me figure out what’s wrong with my mangrove jack. If somebody could assist me via phone call or by coming and checking/testing and visualy helping my jack through what’s wrong with him. We have approached a few aquariums shops with advice but at the end of the day I am chasing an experts advice as it’s day 7 of him not eating and having weird symptoms 

he is 12cm had him for 12 months, recent tank change all water tests are fine temp fine etc if some could contact me that would be great

mark 0419388342

cheers

On 22/02/2021 at 7:59 PM, markt86 said:

I am chasing somebody with extensive knowledge on the Gold Coast to give me a hand in helping me figure out what’s wrong with my mangrove jack. If somebody could assist me via phone call or by coming and checking/testing and visualy helping my jack through what’s wrong with him. We have approached a few aquariums shops with advice but at the end of the day I am chasing an experts advice as it’s day 7 of him not eating and having weird symptoms 

he is 12cm had him for 12 months, recent tank change all water tests are fine temp fine etc if some could contact me that would be great

mark 0419388342

cheers

Hey mate I feel for you as I lost my jack.

Does he have cloudy eyes at all? mine stopped eating and developed cloud eyes. I read online that low pH can cause that and I tested mine and it was 6!, must have been all the plants and driftwood. I raised the pH with dead coral pieces and he recovered and started eating again. Sadly he stopped eating again even with higher pH, I didn't have much to treat him with so tried salt baths but it didn't work. Unfortunately after about 2 months of not eating he passed away, lost his sense of buoyancy a few days before than died. 

cheers

mick