JB

WTB: Cyathopharynx Foai

Hi All,

It's been just dead end and dead end :(   Here is another six monthly post.......

Does anyone have any Cyathopharynx Foai for sale??     

I cry every night having not kept any of the variants I used to keep.   

Any help... well you'd be my best friend!!!!

Cheers,

Jason

Hey mate!!!!

I’m trying to get back into my tangs. Have a major problem... have $$$ just can’t find anything :(

Made so many calls to people I sold the variants I had over the years with dead ends everywhere. 

Good to see you back on here.

2 hours ago, jelio2 said:

ive got a pair of foai karilini that have bred once so far..just move some fish out of there tank so it is alot calmer now so fingers crossed

Haha in one weekend I find two people in rocky with cracking animals! Where have you guys been hiding since I have been here. 

Hopefully @jelio2 can come up with the goods to help this species going in aus. best of luck mate. Would be interested in fry if so mate just like JB. 
im currently seeing if I can get foai imported through an importer. Not confident that will happen but trying my best at least for this species in aus. 
im on the trail Jas and will let you know mate 

yeah hopefully they breed again nd hokd this time..still young fish so fingers crossed...

@hamishh34 ive been here the whole time..was breeding a fair few tangs but recently sold most and kept 2 display tanks

7 hours ago, jelio2 said:

yeah hopefully they breed again nd hokd this time..still young fish so fingers crossed...

@hamishh34 ive been here the whole time..was breeding a fair few tangs but recently sold most and kept 2 display tanks

A new decent sized breeding colony needs to be established before any fry leave town lol

@Rastinger62, @JB I saw today that someone has a NEW WC colony of furcifer Ndole bay, recently imported, so things are looking up.. I also know of two colonies of furcifer Ruziba, but they would be very similar to My Resha and I already have heaps of them, lol

If anyone wants Resha there is 40-50 fry ready to go within the next Month

@hamishh34 I have been stuck in my shed doing water changes for 20 years, its difficult to get out much lol

46 minutes ago, trofius said:

A new decent sized breeding colony needs to be established before any fry leave town lol

@Rastinger62, @JB I saw today that someone has a NEW WC colony of furcifer Ndole bay, recently imported, so things are looking up.. 

Very Interesting Michael and great too hear. I owned them years ago and sold them to that Paffey bloke in Sydney. They were  Beautiful fish 

@Rastinger62 Like what I'm hearing about the possible importer :)  I'm not fully around all the logistics behind the new import laws and batch testing of Megalocytivirus.   I would have thought as Cyathopharyx furcifer are on the import list it would be possible?!

@trofius it wasn't that long ago that Jules got out of fish and sold all her foai.   Where did they all end up?

Here's a couple of my "better" foai photos with the limited photography skills I have.... Sibwesa, Cape Kabogo and Sumbu.   Also had Karilani, Mbita, Moliro and Kapamba (I believe the ones James and I purchased together were the only colony in Aus.  They were a redish burgandy colour and very impressive!)

Makes me sad everytime I look at these photos and compare how easy it was to order stuff then compared to now.   As I've said before I'm really left amazed that in a few short years after selling all mine they just seem to be near impossible to find in any decent numbers.   

Cheers,
Jason

New 010.jpg

Kabogo_007.jpg

sumbu.jpg

I also sold Foai magara to julie who sold them to an asian lad in sydney who completely dissapeared from the hobby very quickly, i think aquis my have been involved, I stilll have a few lonly females here.., 

Maybe we need to contact julie get some names and find out what happened to them.. If she still remembers

Great pics Jas. The memories of such beautiful fish. 
foai are allowed to be imported the last I know. It’s just if there available at the time of the import. I guess we all gotta hood right for it to happen

2 hours ago, Rastinger62 said:

Great pics Jas. The memories of such beautiful fish. 
foai are allowed to be imported the last I know. It’s just if there available at the time of the import. I guess we all gotta hood right for it to happen

Foai are not on the allowable import list but Furcifer are.... go figure...

Cant imagine any import inspecter would know the difference esp, in stressed fish.

I beleive this has probably confused the real id of some fish.

Howdy,

I know this may not be much of a help but I heard from a breeder in Sydney that they popped up there 1 year ago.

if you have any contacts down there see if you can hunt them down again.

they were the variety you are chasing.

@trofius I was actually going to type something along those lines... regarding the impossible to tell something labelled C.foai "variant" or C.furcifer "variant" at a small size.   

@rob-cichlid thanks mate.   I've actually got a couple of contacts down there that have their eyes and ears out for me and in Melbourne.  

I'm liking @Rastinger62 approach of seeing if an importer would import some for us.   Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Jason