Hi All - quick question.
I have been watching a few aquarium related videos on youtube, mostly from the US, and I noticed in some of the videos when they feed the fish they add stuff to the food (cut-up frozen fish or pellets). The stuff they give the fish has vitamins or anti parasitic medication etc etc. and just stuff to keep all the common diseases at bay in an aquarium, very handy when quarantining new fish. I have never seen that stuff before (not that I really looked) do we have that stuff in Australia? If so what is it called/common brands. All I see is the water medication/treatments, and not something that gets added to the food.

I know some people add garlic to some frozen and pelleted/ flake foods for fussy eaters and probably other health benefits as well, but not sure on other additives. 

Went to a couple of pet stores, the one on Redland Bay Road, then Pet City at Mount Gravatt to see if I could find anything.
Pet City had some garlic additives, that had 'health benefits' which I think worked out to be vitamin C.

Could not find any antiparasitic or anti bacterial stuff that mixes with food. Will try looking more online, all I find is the water treatment stuff.

Edit

I have found Continuum Bio Viv at the Tech Den....might give it a shot...looks like a few varieties to choose from.

There isn't much benefit adding vitamins to a wet or frozen food mix. Water soluble vitamins will quickly degrade. Fat soluble vitamins have terrible uptake for fish. If you dry the food (without cooking the vitamins) that would work but that's a lot of effort. 

using fresh (uncooked) ingredients and fast freezing is probably the best way to get good nutrition. 

if u want to add garlic to food powderd garlic works well with frozen food u can all so mix it in with finley crushed flake food just a thought it has been done before its a common thing in some countrys to do that i my self have done it and no harm to the fish

Just an update, from what I can tell a lot of the guys seem to just use the normal tank medications but soak them into the food as opposed to dosing a whole tank. Stuff like API General Cure or other parasite cure medications.