Sign in to follow this  
QldMick

Am now a saltwater fish keeper!

4 hours ago, QldMick said:

Wondering if I should order these guys,

6x Assorted Morph Package delivered to your door in australia (livefish.com.au)

They look like good value. I need to do more research on them.

I have not ordered through live fish before so cant speak of their service etc, but the morphs are great they can handle low light, and are pretty tough and not too fussy on water parameters, very good starter coral, they love a broadcast feed once a week and a target feed once a fortnight

I will get a list of a few places we order off frequently and have never let us down :)

4 minutes ago, raycam01_au said:

I have not ordered through live fish before so cant speak of their service etc, but the morphs are great they can handle low light, and are pretty tough and not too fussy on water parameters, very good starter coral, they love a broadcast feed once a week and a target feed once a fortnight

I will get a list of a few places we order off frequently and have never let us down :)

I got this guy of livefish, 

coral_pack_462.jpg

I also have these guys coming from reefurbished,

A1034.jpg

A1115.jpg

Hammercoralreefurbished.jpg

Pity the branching type corals are harder to keep, I like their structure and contrast to the other types of corals.

I had never heard of WYSIWYG before it came to corals, but I'm loving being able to buy online and get the exact coral that you want.

yepo the old what you see is what you get, alot of shops or keepers would use heavy heavy blue lights so it was always hard to see what the coral would actually look like so WYSIWYG is a very good thing :)
branching or SPS corals do take alittle more stability and light, and a seasoned tank is better for them, so give it time and you can get some Birdsnest and other acro which is pretty cool

Had a bit of a win and picked up this new aquarium light for $10. The old refugium one wasn't an aquarium light and was rusted out we were worried about the light falling into the water.

IMG_20210525_173815 - Copy.jpg

Have some corals on the way but somehow they needed to go from the Goldcoast to Brisbane airport, to get to me in Warwick.

Has anyone kept the splendid mandarin fish? I've never really considered them due to having to naturally supply enough copepods in the tank and fuge.

Now I come across these guys and wondering how well they would feed? my salt fish get NLS and occasionally frozen mysis shrimp.

Tank Bred Splendid Mandarin – Reef Secrets

Edited by QldMick
Looks like they sold out between finding them and posting on here.