I'd probably say it's from a temperature spike, after the water change, presuming you run a heater, and not adding hot water during fill up, stable temperature,  cold water added, and it takes a bit for a heater to get back to a stable temperature again, that's  why I don't do full on water changes, this time of the year.

If it was just rain water added, why do another water change, just add some salt and bi carb soda , or african salts, instead of putting the fish through another temp. spike. Just a thought.

Woke up to white spot today:(.

Just treated, only ever had once and I did lose a fish so here's hoping they all make it through.

I've done water changes in winter for many years without a single problem, otherwise I wouldn't do them. 

I do have reef salts but am a bit cautious using them. I should of tested pH before the last water change to see if the rain water had dropped it.

Sorry Hareysfish, that probably is decent advise, I've just managed to get away with it in the past. I have been worried about cold water changes in my marine tank.

I wont be using salt due to the clown loaches and bristlenose in the tank.

UPDATE

The albino dragon bloods aren't taking the white spot seriously, they spawned yesterday and seem unaffected, The Eyebiters that were acting off and hiding are behaving normal again, the elec yellows seem to be better too. The bad news is the Mirrorballs and clown loaches are visibly still affected in appearance and actions.

I have brought some more white spot treatment but I'm not sure if their the same as the one I already had and used didn't have an active ingredient list but the new one does. And the new one doesn't say anything about using a half dose for scale less fish (clown loaches), it also Is full strength day 1, half strength day 2 and 3, the first product doesn't mention anything beyond the initial dose. 

Sorry to hear that Mick.  Clown loaches are great fish, but they are white spot magnets.  Always the worst affected, by far, in my tanks.  But I have had some that were absolutely covered in spots, still pull through.  Fingers crossed for you.

Thank good the white spot has disappeared with out loosing anymore fish, One Mirrorball female was heavily affected too, but they are all good now.

Loaches ended up buried in the back yard, didn't feel right chucking them in the bin.